The all new Nikon D4s announced first a few weeks ago will be released on the 6th of March next. This latest arrival from Nikon is geared towards the pro end of the market, with a price tag to match! This new model FX format DSLR is priced at £5,199.99 or €6,199.00.
Although the Nikon D4s “only” has a 16.2 mega-pixel sensor, it boasts the new “Expeed 4” image processor. Along with the increased ISO range of 100 to 25,600 (extendable up to 409,600!) makes the D4s operate much better in low light situations. It also has a burst rate of 11 fps which Nikon says isn’t compromised by ISO settings. That alone would make it a first choice camera to add to my kit bag!
The Nikon D4s has a Magnesium alloy waterproof body which is standard among pro-bodies. Some of the main key features of the D4s are;
- 16.2 megapixel FX format sensor.
- ISO range 100 up to 25,600, expandable up to 409,600.
- Weather sealed alloy body.
- Kevlar/carbon fibre-composite shutter unit with 42 ms shutter lag, standard life cycle rating of 400,000 releases and a shutter speed of 1/8000 to 30s, with flash synchronization at up to 1/250 sec. A new shutter and mirror mechanism delivers a stable viewfinder image with minimal blackout during high-speed shooting.
- High capacity EL-18a battery
- Two card slots, one for high-speed CF (UDMA 7) cards, and one for high-speed, high-capacity XQD cards.
- 51 point AF system, configurable in 9 point, 21 point and 51 point coverage settings.
This is one camera I think I’ll have to wait for until I win the lotto!
- MTO 6 Amendments Prejudices One Community Project Over Another - April 26, 2022
- Draft Mayo County Development Plan 2021-2027 - March 11, 2021
- Laminated Platter - October 4, 2020