What can I say? What a day, the 64th Swinford St Patrick’s day parade 2015 was one of the best parades ever held in Swinford! Well done do all involved and to everyone that took part. 35 floats entered, a record if I’m not mistaken. I would estimate, judging on the crowds of people on Main St, Market St, Station Rd, Circular Rd and Chapel St, that there was easily 3 maybe 4 thousand people at the parade today. Some people had estimated that there was near on 2,000,000 on the streets of Swinford today, but I’m thinking that they had already visited a few hostelries around town earlier in the day!
It was a busy day for me. I took nearly 400 photos of the parade ( which I’ve still to process and upload) and about 35 minutes of video of the St Patrick’s day parade 2015. This year is the 64th year of the parade in Swinford (and my 5th recording it) You can view previous Swinford St Patrick’s Day Parades here. Here’s some photos from the parade already uploaded.
Louis Mc Nulty‘s photos Swinford Camera Club.
Swinford.ie St Patrick’s Day Parade photo album.
Swinford St Patrick’s Day Parade 2015 Winners
- Best Overall – Baxter Healthcare Swinford
- Best Local Business – The Hospice Shop Swinford
- Best Out Of Town – Ben’s Forge Foxford
- Best School Band – 4 Participating Schools
- 1st Most Humorous – Naonairi Montessoria Swinford
- 2nd Most Humorous – Swinford Drama Group
- 1st Most Topical – Operation Transformation
- 2nd Most Topical – Swinford Credit Union
- 1st Most Original – Swinford Mens Shed
- 2nd Most Original – Swinford.ie
The 2015 Swinford St Patrick’s Day Parade
- MTO 6 Amendments Prejudices One Community Project Over Another - April 26, 2022
- Draft Mayo County Development Plan 2021-2027 - March 11, 2021
- Laminated Platter - October 4, 2020